The international cargo carrier will offer twice-weekly freighter services to and from the South American, while Miami will serve as a distribution hub.
"These new destinations will connect the burgeoning import and export markets in the Americas region with the rest of the world," Ulrich Ogiermann, chief officer of Qatar Airways Cargo, said. "Through our expertise in specialized solutions, namely QR Pharma for pharmaceuticals and QR Fresh for perishables, we are able to offer our customers a seamless and an unbroken cool chain for their temperature-sensitive products via our state-of-the-art fully automated hub in Doha."
Among the imports into South America are chemical products, medicines and high-tech commodities. Exports include perishables, pharmaceuticals and fresh flowers.
With the new freight route, Qatar Airways Cargo’s freight destinations in the Americas now total 12, with belly-hold services offered to 13 cities.
Organizations in this story
Qatar Airways 1201 Fannin St Doha, Doha - 77002Get notified the next time we write about Qatar Airways!
- Saudi Aramco participates in Saudi-U.S. CEO Forum
- Dubai chamber hosts Customs and Trade Facilitation Forum
- Dubai International Financial Centre participates in event highlighting REITs
- Fully furnished two-bedroom apartment available in Zig Zag Towers
- Tejar Dubai launches app to grow exposure for Emirati-owned businesses
- What you can buy in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat
- Qatar to contribute $40 million to UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- Boubyan Bank reports 17% net profit growth in first quarter
- CRA issues 159 written violation notices to telecommunications shops
- A four-bedroom townhouse with fantastic view available in Muscat