“We are proud to offer the people of New Zealand the best possible passenger experience when connecting to friends and family across the globe on board the world’s longest commercial flight, from Auckland to Doha,” Akbar Al-Baker said. “The new service will give passengers from New Zealand the opportunity to travel to the more than 150 destinations on our global network, where they will arrive feeling more refreshed than ever before thanks to the modern technology and high level of personalized customer service on board.”
Qatar Airways has said it is committed to bringing more visitors to Auckland, and daily flights will allow fliers from Qatar to visit the booming tourist locations in New Zealand. Passengers from New Zealand now have access to the airline’s global network via its hub, Hamad International Airport.
“The new service provides an exciting new option for visitors to New Zealand and for New Zealanders traveling overseas,” Auckland Airport CEO Adrian Littlewood said. He estimated that the new service will contribute approximately $140 million per year to the Auckland economy.
Organizations in this story
Qatar Airways 1201 Fannin St Doha, Doha - 77002Get notified the next time we write about Qatar Airways!
- Saudi Aramco participates in Saudi-U.S. CEO Forum
- Dubai chamber hosts Customs and Trade Facilitation Forum
- Dubai International Financial Centre participates in event highlighting REITs
- Fully furnished two-bedroom apartment available in Zig Zag Towers
- Tejar Dubai launches app to grow exposure for Emirati-owned businesses
- What you can buy in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat
- Qatar to contribute $40 million to UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- Boubyan Bank reports 17% net profit growth in first quarter
- CRA issues 159 written violation notices to telecommunications shops
- A four-bedroom townhouse with fantastic view available in Muscat