As part of a larger effort to uphold international humanitarian law and protect civilians, the Arab Coalition to Support Legitimacy in Yemen is working to prevent civilian casualties in an ongoing war zone and is committed to safeguarding Yemen’s urban centers, the embassy said.
The coalition’s Joint Incidents Assessment Team (JIAT), composed of military members, weapons experts and legal specialists in humanitarian rights, exists to review coalition activities to help avoid civilian deaths. The JIAT examines activity reports from incidents known to have led to civilian casualties and offers recommendations for ways to avoid future incidents.
The coalition is also working alongside United Nations agencies and the International Committee of the Red Cross to reduce harm to civilians, medical personnel, journalists and relief organizations.
Organizations in this story
Embassy of Saudi Arabia 601 New Hampshire Avenue Northwest Washington, DC - 20037Get notified the next time we write about Embassy of Saudi Arabia!
- Saudi Aramco participates in Saudi-U.S. CEO Forum
- Dubai chamber hosts Customs and Trade Facilitation Forum
- Dubai International Financial Centre participates in event highlighting REITs
- Fully furnished two-bedroom apartment available in Zig Zag Towers
- Tejar Dubai launches app to grow exposure for Emirati-owned businesses
- What you can buy in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat
- Qatar to contribute $40 million to UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- Boubyan Bank reports 17% net profit growth in first quarter
- CRA issues 159 written violation notices to telecommunications shops
- A four-bedroom townhouse with fantastic view available in Muscat