The board said developing across four areas -- petroleum petrochemicals; technology, manufacturing and mining; aerospace, renewables, and information and communications technology; and alternative investments and infrastructure -- will be a means of accelerating the city's economic diversification.
“This marks an important milestone for the new company," Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, managing director and CEO of Mubadala, said. “Committees comprised of Mubadala and IPIC leaders have worked very hard over the past six months to put in place a proposal for a structure that will best serve the new company’s mandate. The structure, governance and world-class talent will enable the Mubadala Investment Company to be an investment powerhouse for Abu Dhabi.”
The board of directors is chaired by Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan, crown prince of Abu Dhabi and deputy supreme commander of the UAE Armed Forces. Its vice-chairman is Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, deputy prime minister of the UAE and minister of Presidential Affairs.
Organizations in this story
Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce Abu Dhabi Kornich, Chamber Tower, 662 Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesGet notified the next time we write about Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce!
- Saudi Aramco participates in Saudi-U.S. CEO Forum
- Dubai chamber hosts Customs and Trade Facilitation Forum
- Dubai International Financial Centre participates in event highlighting REITs
- Fully furnished two-bedroom apartment available in Zig Zag Towers
- Tejar Dubai launches app to grow exposure for Emirati-owned businesses
- What you can buy in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat
- Qatar to contribute $40 million to UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- Boubyan Bank reports 17% net profit growth in first quarter
- CRA issues 159 written violation notices to telecommunications shops
- A four-bedroom townhouse with fantastic view available in Muscat