The event, put on by the Doha-based Organization of Islamic Cooperation Humanitarian Funds (OICHF), was led by Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
Al Matouq, adviser to Kuwait and board chairman of the International Islamic Charitable Organization, was feted as his tenure as special envoy of the United Nations' secretary general for humanitarian affairs came to an end. Al Muraikhi succeeds Al Matouq and was honored for his work in international humanitarian and developmental activities in and outside of Qatar.
The ceremony was attended by representatives of the UN and its humanitarian sectors, the OIC, the Arab League and the GCC, along with members of other international and national humanitarian organizations.
Organizations in this Story
- EMBASSY OF SAUDI ARABIA: King Salman: Cowardly Attack Threatens Stability of Global Economy
- AJMAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY: AU Qualifies Emirati Graduates for Quick Jobs
- ABU DHABI UNIVERSITY: Back to Class: A Strong Start to ADU’s New Academic Year with Engaging Orientation Sessions
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY: The Cloak of Compassion: White Coat Ceremony Inducts First Class of Future Medical Professionals
- ABU DHABI UNIVERSITY: ADU Students Develop Litter-Hunting Sea Robot
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY: Summarizing Arabic Text with AI
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY: Artificial Intelligence Key to Cybersecurity
- COUNCIL OF SAUDI CHAMBERS: 151 billion riyals contribution of the contracting sector in the Kingdom .. And Cub: We will work to support him
- EMBASSY OF SAUDI ARABIA: Saudi Minister of Energy: Assault on Shaybah Field Caused Limited Damage, Oil Production and Exports Uninterrupted
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY: Pulling Salt Out of Seawater with Magnets