The event, put on by the Doha-based Organization of Islamic Cooperation Humanitarian Funds (OICHF), was led by Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
Al Matouq, adviser to Kuwait and board chairman of the International Islamic Charitable Organization, was feted as his tenure as special envoy of the United Nations' secretary general for humanitarian affairs came to an end. Al Muraikhi succeeds Al Matouq and was honored for his work in international humanitarian and developmental activities in and outside of Qatar.
The ceremony was attended by representatives of the UN and its humanitarian sectors, the OIC, the Arab League and the GCC, along with members of other international and national humanitarian organizations.
Organizations in this Story
- U.S. AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: U.S. Agency for International Development Administrator Mark Green's Remarks at at the Signing of an MOU with Corteva Agriscience
- TOPAZ ENERGY AND MARINE LTD.: Topaz signs long-term agreement with Reach Subsea
- DUBAI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY: Dubai Chamber Celebrates UAE Flag Day
- ABU DHABI UNIVERSITY: ADU Showcases New Academic Programs & Initiatives at NAJAH Exhibition
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF SHARJAH: AUS celebrates UAE Flag Day
- INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE UAE CHAPTER: 7th ICC UAE Trade Finance Conference
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF SHARJAH: AUS students win first place at Cyber Quest
- DUBAI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY: Dubai Chamber-Led Delegation Participates in Second UAE-France Economic Forum
- ABU DHABI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Abu Dhabi Chamber receives a trade delegation from Azerbaijan
- DUBAI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY: Dubai Chamber Participates in 'A Week Without Service Centers' Initiative