The event, put on by the Doha-based Organization of Islamic Cooperation Humanitarian Funds (OICHF), was led by Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
Al Matouq, adviser to Kuwait and board chairman of the International Islamic Charitable Organization, was feted as his tenure as special envoy of the United Nations' secretary general for humanitarian affairs came to an end. Al Muraikhi succeeds Al Matouq and was honored for his work in international humanitarian and developmental activities in and outside of Qatar.
The ceremony was attended by representatives of the UN and its humanitarian sectors, the OIC, the Arab League and the GCC, along with members of other international and national humanitarian organizations.
Organizations in this story
Embassy of Qatar 2555 M Street Northwest Washington, DC - 20037
United Nations 760 United Nations Plaza New York, NY - 10017Get notified the next time we write about any of these organizations
- Saudi Aramco participates in Saudi-U.S. CEO Forum
- Dubai chamber hosts Customs and Trade Facilitation Forum
- Dubai International Financial Centre participates in event highlighting REITs
- Fully furnished two-bedroom apartment available in Zig Zag Towers
- Tejar Dubai launches app to grow exposure for Emirati-owned businesses
- What you can buy in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat
- Qatar to contribute $40 million to UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- Boubyan Bank reports 17% net profit growth in first quarter
- CRA issues 159 written violation notices to telecommunications shops
- A four-bedroom townhouse with fantastic view available in Muscat