The event, put on by the Doha-based Organization of Islamic Cooperation Humanitarian Funds (OICHF), was led by Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
Al Matouq, adviser to Kuwait and board chairman of the International Islamic Charitable Organization, was feted as his tenure as special envoy of the United Nations' secretary general for humanitarian affairs came to an end. Al Muraikhi succeeds Al Matouq and was honored for his work in international humanitarian and developmental activities in and outside of Qatar.
The ceremony was attended by representatives of the UN and its humanitarian sectors, the OIC, the Arab League and the GCC, along with members of other international and national humanitarian organizations.
Organizations in this Story
- MUBADALA DEVELOPMENT COMPANY: Mubadala Petroleum completes the acquisition of a 10 percent interest in the Shorouk Concession in Egypt
- EMAAR PROPERTIES: Emaar opens a new ‘window’ to home choices at Ethan Allen in The Dubai Mall
- BDA PARTNERS: BDA’s Andrew Huntley, Senior Managing Director, speaks at the Biopharma Development & Productions Conference in Shanghai
- GOVERNMENT OF QATAR: Using Aerial and Social Media Images for Humanitarian Aid
- INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE UAE CHAPTER: G20 leaders must seize the opportunity for WTO reform, says ICC Secretary General
- MUBADALA DEVELOPMENT COMPANY: Andromeda Group, AMERRA Capital Management LLC and Mubadala Investment Company to create a world-leading aquaculture company
- INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE UAE CHAPTER: Incoterms® and Commercial Contracts: 3 things to know about ICC’s newest Digital Library channel
- GOVERNMENT OF QATAR: CRA Advises Consumers on Roaming Servicesfice
- GOVERNMENT OF QATAR: The Fundamentals of Creative Writing
- INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE UAE CHAPTER: ICC’s 2018 Asia Conference on International Arbitration: Everything to expect