The board said developing across four areas -- petroleum petrochemicals; technology, manufacturing and mining; aerospace, renewables, and information and communications technology; and alternative investments and infrastructure -- will be a means of accelerating the city's economic diversification.
“This marks an important milestone for the new company," Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, managing director and CEO of Mubadala, said. “Committees comprised of Mubadala and IPIC leaders have worked very hard over the past six months to put in place a proposal for a structure that will best serve the new company’s mandate. The structure, governance and world-class talent will enable the Mubadala Investment Company to be an investment powerhouse for Abu Dhabi.”
The board of directors is chaired by Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan, crown prince of Abu Dhabi and deputy supreme commander of the UAE Armed Forces. Its vice-chairman is Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, deputy prime minister of the UAE and minister of Presidential Affairs.
Organizations in this Story
- MUBADALA DEVELOPMENT COMPANY: Mubadala Petroleum completes the acquisition of a 10 percent interest in the Shorouk Concession in Egypt
- EMAAR PROPERTIES: Emaar opens a new ‘window’ to home choices at Ethan Allen in The Dubai Mall
- BDA PARTNERS: BDA’s Andrew Huntley, Senior Managing Director, speaks at the Biopharma Development & Productions Conference in Shanghai
- GOVERNMENT OF QATAR: Using Aerial and Social Media Images for Humanitarian Aid
- INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE UAE CHAPTER: G20 leaders must seize the opportunity for WTO reform, says ICC Secretary General
- MUBADALA DEVELOPMENT COMPANY: Andromeda Group, AMERRA Capital Management LLC and Mubadala Investment Company to create a world-leading aquaculture company
- INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE UAE CHAPTER: Incoterms® and Commercial Contracts: 3 things to know about ICC’s newest Digital Library channel
- GOVERNMENT OF QATAR: CRA Advises Consumers on Roaming Servicesfice
- GOVERNMENT OF QATAR: The Fundamentals of Creative Writing
- INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE UAE CHAPTER: ICC’s 2018 Asia Conference on International Arbitration: Everything to expect